This festival is still going on each year but it is now called the Delmarva Folk Festival. http://delfolk.org/
We are having our 19th Folk Fest on October 1,2- less than 3 months away. Save the date and come on out!
This design is fun for lots of reasons (to me, anyway!);
- I wasn’t a professional graphic designer, yet, back then.
- We had Norman Blake as the headliner. The dude riding the chicken should bear a likeness. I don’t know if he saw it. That’s another story. I was inspired by a book of larger than life, fantastic postcards from history- a kid was riding a chicken in the book. Maybe something else from that book will inspire the 2010 shirt?!
- All the art was done by hand, I probably printed ‘Fall Fling’ on my inkjet and pasted it up. I had a Mac but no Adobe products back then.
- I did know a gal named Delma that lived in Seaford, Delaware at the time. I told her she got mentioned in my design, she wasn’t that impressed. She was very nice about it, well, she was just nice anyhow, a coworker when I was working at the newspaper.
- I really did wish you were there.